Newton Student Environmental Art Contest 2013
(both individual and teams)
"How our schools can help the environment"
- All students in grades 2-5 who live or attend school or after school program in Newton
- Participants may enter as an individual or in teams of 2 children.
- ARTWORK FORMAT:
- 2-dimensional posters (12"x18" maximum)
- Use of recycled material encouraged
- Use correct spelling! (important to judges)
- SUBMITTING YOUR ARTWORK:
- Attach the correct contest label–individual or team–with your registration number to the BACK of the artwork
- Do NOT include your name on the front of the artwork
- Download the contest label here (pdf file): Individual Team
- Artwork may be submitted at any of the following locations by March 1:
- Newton Cultural Center, 225 Nevada St, Newtonville
- Mayor Setti Warren's Office at City Hall, 1000 Commonwealth Ave, Newton Centre
- New Art Centre, 61 Washington Park Newtonville
- Green Planet Kids store, 22 Lincoln St, Newton Highlands
- JUDGING, AWARDS AND ART EXHIBIT
- Entries will be judged according to grade level with one prize awarded in the after-school category.
- In an effort to save paper, parents of student winners will be notified by email only by March 15, 2013. The email from your registration will be used.
- All entries must be submitted by March 1!
- Artwork will be returned to the artists after the contest is over.
- Awards Ceremony: April 2, 2013 at the Newton Cultural Center
- REGISTER ON-LINE!: Individual registration Team registration
Express Yourself — Be Creative!
Express what you have already done . . . and what you can do next! Show how you love the earth and want to conserve its resources by using your creativity. Challenge yourself creatively and artistically by reflecting on the environment and what you can do to help save it.
Public Display of Artwork
- All artwork submitted to the contest will be displayed at the awards ceremony April 2.
All entries will be judged using a blind judging process — judges will not know the name of the entrant, and all entries will be judged within their grade level (2, 3, 4 or 5) or the after school program category.
- Green Medalist (1st place) winners for each grade level and the after school program category will receive an Energy Smart Newton T-shirt and a gift certificate from the Art Loft at Green Planet Kids
- All participants will be entered into a raffle to win an Energy Smart Newton T-shirt to be drawn at the awards ceremony.
Return to Art Contest Page
Thanks to our 2013 sponsors
Thanks to these organizations for their continuing support